Saturday 15 January 2011

January 15: Saturday


I had planned on going to Portobello Market today, but unfortunately that plan fell through. I made it out the door and half way there, but then the girl who was with me decided she had changed her mind. I was rather frustrated, to say the least, but I made the best of it by doing errands and shopping on Kensington High Street. I got the art supplies I need for my Travel Journal class, socks from Marks and Spencer, and milk for breakfast. Not a terribly productive outing, but oh well. I did take a nice walk through the park. Some very early spring flowers are coming up, like snowdrops. I am constantly amazed at how many people have dogs here! I would guess that about 30-40% of the people I randomly walk past on the street have at least one dog on a "lead." (I would also guess that about 20% of the dogs I see are dachshunds, which is kind of funny.) Though today was windy, it mostly didn't rain, so everyone was out in the park. I didn't see any parrots today, just a whole lot of pigeons. When I got back home, I decided to play with my new art supplies. I sketched my favorite subject, birds (of course), till the sunlight faded, since our lighting in the flat is so poor. The picture above is of a European Robin, which I saw the other day. I really like the colored pencils I found, but the markers are horrendous. I made poached haddock and onions and noodles for supper, and I have some ice cream for later. Tomorrow, a friend and I hope to go explore Harrods...should be fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment