Wednesday 23 February 2011

February 23: Tomorrow is Spring Break!!!

Well, I woke up sick today. Fever, congestion, aches, the works. Oh dear. I stopped at a drug store for some Sudafed and that helped a lot. I booked a hotel for Mom, Dad and Erin's visit in March. I did some last-minute grocery shopping for granola bars and chocolate, and I've spent the night packing and getting ready. This is going to be a big trip! My friend Amanda and I are leaving the house at 6am to catch a 9:30 flight to Milan, where we have a few hours to kill before our flight to Rome. We'll be getting to Rome around suppertime to check in at our hostel. We stay in Rome till the 28th, when we'll take a train to Florence. On the 2nd, I have a day trip booked to Siena and San Gimignano. I then go back to Rome late on the 3rd. On the 4th I have a day trip to Naples and Pompeii, then we leave for London on Saturday the 5th of March. Should be lots and lots of fun! I've just got one backpack and a purse, so I'll be travelling very lightly. While I'm there, I'll keep a hand-written journal in the pretty red book Nana sent me, then type it up and put it on this blog when I get back. I know exactly one Italian word (well, two if you count "pizza"):

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment