Friday 1 April 2011

April 1: A dip in the Thames

Well, a few of us decided to do something a little different today, so we headed over to the River Thames for a nice little swim. It was a little cold at first, and a bit brown and cloudy, but after all my toes went numb it was quite refreshing. Then the Queen showed up and hopped in with us. Ha. April Fool!

I'm still sick so that's the best I could come up with in my feverish state. Last night was awful. The fever finally went away around 4am so I got some sleep till 8 when the construction down stairs started up. The fever came back with a vengence this morning so I figured I'd better spend the day at home. I felt a lot better around 1:30, and I think I was fever-free for a few hours, but now it's dinnertime and it's back. Freaking fever. I'm hoping that I'll be able to shake it by tomorrow for our big Stonehenge/Salisbury trip, but I'm going either way, come hell or high water.

No comments:

Post a Comment