Tuesday 5 April 2011

April 5: The Design Museum

This morning in "Contemporary Britain" class we talked about Jack the Ripper. And that's all. I have no clue why the professor felt that discussing the old murder story for 3 hours would some how help us better understand contemporary Britain, but apparently he did. After lunch, we headed across Tower Bridge to go to the Design Museum for Museums class. I have to say, it wasn't nearly as big or "museum-y" as I had expected. It really just had two exhibits, one that displayed a bunch of new and innovative stuff in fashion, transportation, graphics, and furniture, and one that had a travelling display about the Dutch typography guy Wim Crouwel. Then on the main floor was a gift shop and a cafe. The end. The good part was, it was a really pretty walk there from the Tower Tube Station. I hadn't actually walked across Tower Bridge yet, so that was one more thing to cross off my list. Tonight I made sausage and potatoes for dinner. I will definitely miss Waitrose's apple sausages when I go back State-side. Tonight a friend went out to Metrogate to print something and brought back my mail, which was a singing "Tangled" birthday card from "Erin, Dad, Mom, Maggie, Lily Belle, George, Gus, and everybody else." I can't believe I'll turn 21 in a few days. I also can't believe there's just 17 days left till I go home! I'm not ready!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment