Sunday 20 March 2011

March 17: St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Paddy's Day!!! Erin and I wore green today. Unfortunately for me, I had an exam this afternoon, so I went home to study after breakfast. Mom, Dad, and Erin went to the Tower, then to St. Paul's, and had a blast. Dad really liked the Tower. Mom and Erin say the Whispering Gallery in St. Paul's actually works. I'm excited to go there myself. My exam was not fun, as expected. That professor is just not good. I met up with my family at 5:30 at the Gloucester Arms for dinner and Guinness. We walked over to Royal Albert Hall for our concert, called "Classical Spectacular." It was a classical concert performed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, a big choir, and two male soloists with choreographed laser lights and fireworks. It was AMAZING! We had so much fun! Our seats were way up high, which was actually a good thing because we could see all the lights right in front of us. The music was great, and they performed very familiar music that everyone knew, like Nessun Dorma, Funiculi Funicula, Rule Brittania, The Blue Danube Waltz, Torreador, and of course, the finale: The 1812 Overture. It was great! The soloists were phenomenal. For the 1812 Overture, I knew there would be fireworks (which were set off right behind us) but I was quite surprised when the cannons fired giant silver shells that flew slowly through the air throwing off sparks and making tons of noise! Erin and I giggled uncontrollably the whole time. It was just fun. Dad went to find a pub for a St. Patrick's Day celebration afterwards, and the three of us went home and ate chocolate. It was a very good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment