Sunday 20 March 2011

March 16: Westminster, Tate Britain, National Portrait Gallery, and WarHorse

This was a very big day! We went to Westminster Abbey in the morning and had a lovely time there. I split up with everyone to go to class at 2, had my short class, and met up with them at the Tate Britain around 3:30. We went through quickly, doing the Turner galleries and the one with the Ophelia and The Lady of . Then, we went to the National Portrait gallery to do the Tudor area and a few other things. Dad loved the NPG.

 
Erin and me with Big Ben

Waterhouse's "Lady of Shalott"

Millais' "Ophelia"
We cut our visit short to find the theater for WarHorse, over on Drury Lane. We picked out a promising restaurant, called The Ballerina, near the Royal Ballet, and had a great meal. I had an avocado and shrimp salad with really good sauce to start, and a chicken and mushroom dish for the main course, Mom had cheese and tomatoes and my chicken dish, Erin had lasagna, and Dad had venison, which I really didn't like. It was very different from the way we make it in Wisconsin, and very peppery. Erin was hesitant about the show, because I'd warned her it was sad, but I could see everyone really enjoyed it. It was fun for me too, because most of the cast had just changed so I got to see new actors.

No comments:

Post a Comment