Sunday 20 March 2011

March 7: Monday

SUCH a pretty day! I took a long walk before lunch to Hyde Park and took lots of pictures of flowers. They seem to have all popped up while I was away in Italy. There were clouds of yellow daffodils, armies of crocuses under old trees, fiery forsythia and lovely, exotic (to me) camellias. The parrots seemed less cranky in the sunlight, so maybe they are enjoying the weather too. All the dogs and children seem to have an extra spring in their step.



Class was boring and I finally made the big grocery trip I needed. The good news: I have a ready supply of Cadbury Caramel again! All is right in the world! I decided to recreate the wonderful meal I had in Rome as best I could so I got sausages, bacon, cream, white wine, noodles, mushrooms, garlic, and parmesan cheese. I cooked the bacon and chopped it up fine, then cooked the sausage and cut that up and added the bacon. Then I sauteed the shrooms with the garlic, added wine, dumped on the cream and added a bunch of cheese. I couldn't find linguine noodles, so I just used spaghetti but it was a really, really, REALLY good meal and I have lots of extra for leftovers. I'm pretty impressed it turned out so well. Making a decent meal really is a challenge in our stunted excuse for a kitchen.


Daffodils

A little birdie in a pretty tree

Stripey camellia

My pal



Munch, munch, munch!

Lenten Rose, just in time for Lent! (Helleborus)

Forsythia

Our neighbor's primrose


I found blood oranges in the grocery store here imported from Florence! I am so addicted. I just thought this one was pretty and purple so I took a picture and had to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment